Welcome to the October 2023 overview, a month quite eventful due to the ups and downs of the market, especially at the end of the month. We have taken advantage of some good prices to expand positions, we have also restructured the portfolio a little.
Now we will see it in detail.
October 2023 Movements
Like every month, we are going to split the movements of the month into three blocks: purchases, sales and dividends to make reading more enjoyable.
This month we went a little higher buying, in the coming months we will see the impact on dividends of these purchases:
- 5 x Abbvie (ABBV)
- 250 x Arbor Realty Trust Inc (ABR)
- 500 x AGNC Investment (AGNC)
- 250 x Ares Capital Corporation (ARCC)
- 4 x BlackRock (BLK)
- 1 x The Clorox Company (CLX)
- 100 x Enbridge (ENB)
- 900 x Gladstone Capital (GLAD)
- 200 x Horizon Technology Finance (HRZN)
- 4 x Kellogg’s (K)
- 10 x Kraft Heinz (KHC)
- 2 x Kimberly Clark (KMB)
- 36 x The Coca Cola Company (KO)
- 50 x Main Street Capital (MAIN)
- 6 x McDonald’s (MCD)
- 4 x Medtronic (MDT)
- 15 x 3M (MMM)
- 30 x Altria (MO)
- 150 x Medical Properties (MPW)
- 15 x National Health Investors (NHI)
- 130 x Realty Income (O)
- 91 x Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI)
- 2 x Pepsico (PEP)
- 10 x Pfizer (PFE)
- 2 x Procter & Gamble (PG)
- 10 x Philip Morris (PM)
- 6 x Starbucks (SBUX)
- 10 x Unilever (UL)
- 80 x Verizon (VZ)
This month there were several sales, some of them due to margin calls, others to structure the portfolio for the future, and one of them to pay off some mini debts.
- 118 x British American Tobacco (BTI)
- 650 x Eagle Point Credit Company (ECC)
- 1 x General Mills (GIS)
- 2 x International Business Machines (IBM)
- 3 x Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- 4 x Microsoft (MSFT)
- 500 x Annaly Capital Management (NLY)
- 150 x AT&T (T)
- 1500 x Enagas (ENG)
Here we want to point out two things:
- The first is that this month, with the sale of Enagás we have cleaned up our debts (we took out the down payment on a car and a couple of micro loans). From now on, although we lose the juicy dividends from Enagás, we will have much more monthly liquidity that we will use to save and invest more.
- We have transferred 3000 AGNC shares that we had in ING Direct to Interactive Brokers due to recent declines to increase the maintenance margin and thus avoid future margin calls.
In terms of dividends, this month of October we have received a total of 15 dividends, all of them from American companies. These have been the dividends received in October 2023 by country and ordered by collection date.
- We do not receive dividends
🇺🇸 United States
- Coca Cola: $6.44
- Kimberly Clark: $4.72
- Restaurant Brands International: $5.5
- Iron Mountain: $6.5
- Altria: $117.6
- AGNC Investment: $600
- Medical Properties: $30
- Philip Morris: $26
- Main Street Capital: $117.5
- Mondelēz International: $4.25
- Medtronic: $4.14
- Realty Income: $17.92
- Gladstone Capital: $82.5
- Annaly Capital Management: $325
- Eagle Credit Company: $80
In October we received +1344.81 euros in gross dividends (before taxes) from our securities portfolio.
➡ Dividends received in October represent an increase of +30.32% compared to the same month of the previous year, which were 1031.94€.
Exchange rate used: 1 USD = 0.9417 EUR on October 31, 2023
Note: the percentages above are calculated using this tool.
October 2023 Overview
In October our portfolio fell due to the sharp falls at the end of the month and the sales mentioned above.
At the end of the month our portfolio had a decline of -5.27% compared to last month, leaving a value at the end of October of +146,678.8 euros.
This month we have published the page of the Dividend Kings, which for those who do not already know, are those North American companies that have been increasing their dividend for at least 50 consecutive years, impressive, right?
We would also like to thank you for your support, the investment community continues to grow and we now have more than 2,000 investors on Instagram 🙂
Another month ending, surely this month many of you expanded your portfolios, if you are going long term it is essential to take advantage of these falls to maximize future profitability.
And that’s it for the October 2023 overview, we hope that your portfolios continue to grow and your investments prosper.
Greetings and until next time investors!